What is being launched?
- First distributor bank in Hong Kong to launch equity-linked investment that is linked to US stocks, reinforcing Standard Chartered’s leading position in Hong Kong’s mass retail market as a structured product intermediary
- An open architecture of structured product electronic platform for US ELI that delivers the best solutions with the most competitive price any day, any time in the market
- Milestone achievement for strengthening the digital Wealth Management capabilities in addition to the existing offering of FX, Mutual Fund, Cash Equities, Structured Deposits, Lending and Bancassurance within Standard Chartered
Benefits to clients
- Fully automated ELI platform greatly simplifies and enhances the banking and dealing experience for both the bankers and our clients
- Saves time – An entire equity structured product transaction can now be completed under 10 mins
- Best price – Clients enjoy the best pricing available in the market under the Bank’s open architecture business model
- Enhanced range of product offering on a digital platform
- More focused advice – thanks to the automations, relationship managers can better focus on advising and building a long-term relationship with clients
Benefits to the Bank
- Since the launch of the US ELI, volumes traded with clients for US Stocks among HK Structured Products have seen positive uplift.
- Over 99% of our ELI transactions are now executed through the electronic platform. This reduces the manual administration work done by our relationship managers, enabling them to focus on our clients’ needs.
- Interbank counterparties can partner with Standard Chartered as the leading wealth management intermediary with a scalable business model that act as a bridge between the Hong Kong retail mass market and the product providers through our open architecture platform.
- Opened up dialogue by raising clients’ investment interests thereby increasing the potential for growth in AUM and revenue
Nicolas Rigois, Global Head, Capital Markets Products & Solutions, Standard Chartered Wealth Management, commented, “The launch of US equity-linked investment on our electronic structured products platform completes the suite of digital wealth management products we offer, reinforcing Standard Chartered’s position as a one-stop wealth provider for retail clients in Hong Kong. Our open-source platform gives clients the assurance of best pricing as well as ease and speed of trading.”